Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My impressions of the game
I have been looking forward to this game for a very long time, and the features that are supposed to be in it really excite me for what is to come; so when I saw that the combat demo was finally out, I could not wait to begin. I began my adventure by picking the common name I use for most of my fantasy characters, Farquel. When I got into the game, I was surprised by how nice the game looked for an alpha stage, and really enjoyed how the grass parts when mobs and your character go through it. I immediately got the hang of the game by reading the signs and trying out the different buttons that were shown on the lower part of the screen with various sets of armor and weapons. 
        My first time out of town, I let a zombie attack me to see how high damage they dealt, and was greeted with a rather expected death. My first few excursions out of town ended in me running back with very low health, grabbing a few ore and booking it back, or dying to the horde of mobs. I also noticed that the every once in a while when I hit a zombie, it would fly behind me and push me into the others, and boxing me in; preventing me from escaping and often killing me. This was really annoying and I feel as if it was too random to really be fair. Eventually I got the hang of combat and even beat Jesus in the arena (I hope God doesn't smite me.) I have yet to explore the options of farming, if there are any so far, but I enjoyed most of what I saw already. 
        The one gripe I did have that annoyed me very much is the fact that your character continues to move when they are hitting ore. I think that when your character is close enough to hit the ore, that they should not move while they are attacking it unless they are using a bow. Overall I really enjoyed my experience so far and I can't wait to play more as the updates come out! Good luck to the dev team Smile

-Sincerely, Farquel
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -Thorin Oakenshield
Thank you for the feedback.

There are two points you mentioned that we are working on.

1. The random zombie movement. We are discussing this. They can charge and push others out of the way (a bit like the heavy armor). When 2 Zombies charge each pushed the other and they almost "teleport". I think we will remove the pushing of their charge.

2. There will be a pick to harvest metal (and later stone), the pick will not move you while striking. The regular weapons should all be quite ineffective for mining and as soon as decay is in the game they should also break rather quickly when hitting too many stones.

Farming is not very far developed. We hope to change that soon.
So you obviously have tried out farming now... ^^
Yeah, I have about 400 gems and even more seeds. I have no life.
"If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -Thorin Oakenshield
xD
Big Grin

"Man's plight would, indeed, be sad if he had to be kept in order through fear of punishment and hope of rewards after death." - Albert Einstein